· Riders age 2 and up are able to participate in the Equine Assisted Activities and Therapeutic Riding Programs.
· A session is one 30-minutes session per week, which includes the time to mount and dismount the rider
· Fees are due on the first of each month. When paying per session the fee is due at time of service
· All riders must wear a ASTM/SEI certified riding helmet regardless if they are mounted or doing ground work. If they do not own one, a helmet will be provided for use during that session
· Safety is the Number 1 priority of Parkwood Farms Therapy Center
· All persons riding must wear closed shoes or sneakers. NO SANDALS OR CROCS
· Sessions are developed to each riders individual abilities…we do NOT focus on their disability
· Our horses are chosen for their temperament and movement. Our horses are recreational animals
· Sessions cannot be billed to any insurance. Medicaid does NOT pay for our programs
· The ultimate goal is to help your child progress to become an independent rider
· Riders must be at least 8 years old to become an athlete of the Special Olympics Team…Parkwood Farms Equestrians
· No persons are allowed in the arena during sessions other than the session leader, volunteers and the rider. For safety reasons the session leader is responsible for mounting and dismounting the rider.
· All gates must be kept shut at all times.
· No persons are allowed walking around the outside of the arena or in the barn area. This can be disquieting to the horses.
· When it is necessary to bring siblings during the riders’ session, the parent/s must keep the siblings in designated areas and as quite as possible. It can be distracting to the rider, the therapist, and the horse. This is the riders’ time; please help make it the best experience possible.
· NO PETS ALLOWED on the premises.
Please contact us at 678-344-6821 or email us if you have any questions.